Welcome Aboard, Ye Lost Souls.

A fair warnin' t' ye's all. This be the Capt'n's Blog of the dread ship, 'The Dark Lady', ye be readin'. The Ferryman, mad as he is, tends to leave the bleedin' thing just layin' 'bout fer all the crew to read, but be warned, as he sails ye from this world to the next - some things, once learn'd, can ne'er be unlearn'd. In the words of the Ferryman, himself: "'tis not that I cannot see that they be windmills; 'tis that I choose to dream they could be dragons."







Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sonnet XXXVI - Today I Wrote Her Name Upon The Page



Sonnet XXXVI
Today I Wrote Her Name Upon The Page
(w/ apologies to Edmund Spenser)


Today, I wrote her name upon the page,
which flowed with ease and held my heart enspell'd.
For all, I wrote of pain to purge the rage -
to grant my Soul some peace and make it well -
but as I wrote, wellness turned to welling.
If faith and love can mend the broken heart,
and help inspiration to reign - dwelling
in deed, in thought, passion in ev'ry art...

...then I shall have strength to make amends -
in time, stand by her side when need appears -
in time, remove that time which time offends.
My oath on written page in ink and tears:
  To wit, to weep, inspire or to amuse -
  There, love shall live, and later life renew.

- Douglas H. Thew

No comments:

Post a Comment